5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 6:32 AM by kryan RSS

OnCommand 3-1 RC1

robinetapp Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Hi to all,

i installed the latest OnCommand system manager and sometime i have a problem with start it. I use OCSM in win 7 environment, 64-bit.When i tried to logon into netapp storage system, this message appaer:

OnCommand System Manager is accessed by another client. OnCommand System Manager is locked to single client for security reason. There are no details available.

I tried to reinstal OCSM, to kill all java process, to use other browser, to delete all OCSM log files, but nothing helps.Then i didn't use it for a couple of hour and after that, OCSM start to work without problems(without any reboot, reinstall, deleted OCSM files or killing java). Mystery.

Did anyone had the same problem?

BR, Robi

• Re: OnCommand 3-1 RC1
    kryan NetApp Employee Kart Racer

Hi Robi,

When you installed OCSM did you specify a particular port for it to use?  Only one client can connect on a port at at time.

Thanks,

Kevin

robinetapp Novice

Hi Kevin,

i used the default port. Strange....

Thanks, Robi

Hi Robi,

The OCSM installation default is a port range, not a single port. 

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1354559

Ports used by System Manager

System Manager does not allow you to specify a port range to start the Jetty Web server. System

Manager either allows you to select a specific port or automatically selects the port. If you manually

specify the port, you can start only one instance of System Manager. Running a single instance does

not allow multiple users to access the application simultaneously.

Thanks,

Kevin

robinetapp Novice

Hi Kevin.

ok it was my mistake or better to say i was not clear. When i installed OCSM i didn't change any default parameter. So i didn't used any exact port. I left the default settings (parameters). Anyway - when OCSM is working i don't have any problem to starting two or  more sessions (OCSM). Another strange thing - this error sometimes occours even i start OCSM after PC reboot. I have one idea on what could be wrong, but i'm not sure - maybe is a problem  with my profile.

BR

Robi

Hi Robi,

I do not have a solution for you - please open a support case and refer to Bug 626092. 

Collect a support bundle from your OCSM and attach it to the case after you open it.

Then send me the case # so that I can track it.

Thanks,

Kevin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points