0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 6:38 AM by WIRKLICH12 RSS

Architecture of NetApp N6240, disk usage and IOPS

WIRKLICH12
Currently Being Moderated

Dear,Everyone

I have a question for Architecture of NetApp N6240.

I've been using NetApp N6240 Ontap 8.1 at work .

Now,File copy of a CIFS  will be delayed . In particular , copy it can be quite slow when you copied multiple times a smaller file size .

The responsible of vendors have me, out the IOPS index value of each aggregate .

I told the fellow in order to study the performance , and it is necessary to obtain Performance Advisor CPU, IOPS, and disk usage . My fellow told me , " Disk usage has nothing to do in response , disk utilization . Nothing to do with the IOPS " he said. I cannot understand this.

My understanding , " I used to mechanism of the storage , IOPS disk usage and is related to file copy delay / response delay . . Disk usage exceeds the 70% , response delay of the application occurs . Disk usage and IOPS is close relationship". This my view is wrong? I had to understand that it is a basis to come to learn storage, common to a product called storage.

My fellow , " NetApp , the internal architecture might be different from the other products . 'Response time that is longer disk usage goes up to the IOPS . Disk usage does not matter NetApp it is said that " might be nothing to do with .My fellow, "NetApp, the internal architecture might be different from the other products.'s Response time that is longer disk usage goes up to the IOPS. Disk usage does not matter NetApp it is said that "might be nothing to do with.Disk usage and IOPS.

Disk utilization is higher than 70%, the response delay of the application occurs. Of that or would a behavior that is not the case in the net up? Really, because a mechanism different from the storage of other NetApp it. Of that or would a correct understanding?

Best regards

Eiko

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...