We have struck a scenario where DFM is reporting that it cannot conform a dataset as there are already matching deleted relationships. We would like to be able to remove these deleted relationships but can't work out how.
Rightly or wrongly, how we got to this point.
1. All the relationships on a pair of filers were broken off so that we could test mounting the volumes on our DR SQL cluster.
2. Various things went wrong so the test was abandoned.
3. The script to resync the volumes and re-establish the relationships didn't get run. (an oversight, is has been run successfully lots of time before)
4. DFM (kindly, NOT!!) deleted the relationships from the filers and the DFM database ( after a couple of days it seems ).
5. The two datasets became 'unprotected'.
6. An attempt to re-conform the data sets whilst the broken off volumes were online was going to rebaseline and result in lots of volumes with the suffix _1, which we didn't want so we cancelled it.
7. The relationships have all been manually restored.
8. We still have the non-conformant errors.
ANy clues as to how to get DFM cleaned up would be appreciated.