5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 10:36 AM by MPERIYAK RSS

customise the dfm alert emails

MPERIYAK Sprinter
Currently Being Moderated

All

We do get an email alert for the critical event Volume Full.

The volume full alert lists the volume name and the vFiler name but not the physical controller.

Is it possible to add the physical storage system name to this email alert. Can this be customized ?

Muru

• Re: customise the dfm alert emails
    vims Sprinter

We do get an email alert for the critical event Volume Full.

The volume full alert lists the volume name and the vFiler name but not the physical controller.

Is it possible to add the physical storage system name to this email alert. Can this be customized ?

it is. this is the alert i usually get, once volume hits threshold. I think it depends on how you set your DFM (OM), (i.e. severity )

I set severity to Error or Worse

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

An Error event at 29 Sep 19:43 Pacific Daylight Time on Volume msdmp_sql_van_qadev on Active/Active Controller vaxx-netapp-xxx

The volume is 98.56% full (using 2.72 TB of 2.76 TB).

There is 1.45 TB of aggregate free space to expand the volume and 2.43 TB of spare disk space available for expanding the aggregate.

• Re: customise the dfm alert emails
      MPERIYAK Sprinter

This is what I get

A Critical event at 30 Sep 16:13 Eastern Daylight Time on Volume volume1test on vFiler somehostname.xx.xx.com:

The volume is 99.40% full (using 511 GB of 514 GB).

There is 1.25 TB of aggregate free space to expand the volume and 5.25 TB of spare disk space available for expanding the aggregate.

May be the volume you have is on the active controller itself and not a part of a vFiler

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points