9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 8:37 PM by rogerhinson RSS

Failed to add Credentials

rogerhinson
Currently Being Moderated

I just upgraded from WFA 1.1 to WFA 2.1.

When I am adding Credentials with the selection of OnCommand Unified Manager, I get the error:

Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: dfmserver.company.net.

Exception calling "Invoke" with "2" argument(s): "Could not connect to dfmserver.company.net"

The user is a local on that server and has GlobalFullControl access.

The error I get when running a command that uses that account is:

00:53:53.915 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] ### Command 'Set DFM Object Comments' ###

00:53:55.509 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Executing command: ./Set_DFM_Object_Comments771076706116377410.ps1 -DFMServerName dfmserver.company.net -keyValuePairs 'Application Name=Storage;BUFG=Business' -objNames @('filer047.company.net:/roger_test8_nfs_000')

00:53:55.602 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Credentials successfully provided for dfmserver.company.net'

00:54:01.196 ERROR  [Set DFM Object Comments] Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: dfmserver.corp.intuit.net.

Exception calling "Invoke" with "2" argument(s): "Could not connect to dfmserver.company.net"

00:54:02.384 ERROR  [Set DFM Object Comments] Command failed for Workflow 'Create NFS Storage' with error : Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: dfmserver.company.net.

00:54:02.415 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] ***** Workflow Execution Failed *****

On a working WFA server, the same command provides the following output:

21:33:35.794 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] ### Command 'Set DFM Object Comments' ###
21:33:37.232 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Executing command: ./Set_DFM_Object_Comments8066405548519509918.ps1 -DFMServerName dfmserver.company.net -keyValuePairs 'Application Name=Storage;BUFG=Business' -objNames @('filer047.company.net:/roger_test6_nfs_000')
21:33:37.310 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Credentials successfully provided for dfmserver.company.net'
21:33:41.419 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Added credentials for dfmserver.company.net to the credential cache
21:33:41.435 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Executing: dfm comment set filer047.company.net:/roger_test6_nfs_000 "Application Name"="Storage" "BUFG"="Business"
21:33:42.966 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Result: Set value for comment field 'Application Name' to 'Storage' for volume vfilername:/roger_test6_nfs_000 (56798).
Set value for comment field 'BUFG' to 'Business' for volume vfilername:/roger_test6_nfs_000 (56798).

21:33:43.060 INFO  [Set DFM Object Comments] Command completed, took 7250 milliseconds

It looks like it might be a problem with the Credential Cache.  Is there a way to clear it or reset it? 

Any other ideas?  Both the working and non-working servers are WFA 2.1.  Also, this was working in 1.1 on the same server.

Thanks,

Roger

• Re: Failed to add Credentials
    karale

Hi Roger,

This error happens when you server is reachable but user is not valid. Can you check your user?

NOTE: No space allowed in User Name input. Remove spaces before or after user name and retry.

I recommend you to remove and add new credentials after testing the connectivity.

Rajeev

sinhaa

Rajeev,

I had tried this scenario but with incorrect username I can only get:

Exception calling "Invoke" with "1" argument(s): "Could not connect to mypcumserver.company.net"

I don't know how is Roger getting "2" arguments.

rogerhinson

I deleted the entry from "Credentials" and created a new user on the DFM server.

useradd -m wfauser

passwd wfauser <used password of wfauser>

dfm user add -r GlobalFullControl wfauser

I verified that I could log into the Linux server and run a dfm vfiler list command.  I also logged into the OnCommand GUI with the wfauser.

Added the new user <wfauser> to "Credentials". 

Same error.

Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: dfmserver.company.net.

sinhaa

Please provide the following details:

1. Your DFM server version

2, Attache a screen-shot of the "Test Connecivity" failure for the DFM ( Oncommand ).

I've tried the exact same scenario and for me this worked.

My DFM : 5.1

WFA: 2.1 RC1

rogerhinson

dfm version

dfm 5.1 (5.1)

wfa_error.png

rogerhinson

I've been playing around and think that the command line version of this gui selection is Test-Credential.

I went to a powershell prompt, change to the WFA directory and ran .\profile.ps1

Then I ran the test-credential command which gave me the same error as the GUI.  I eventually had to CTRL-C the command and the recieved the error message.

PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH> Test-Credential -Type "DFM" -Ip 10.153.131.199 -UserName wfauser -Password wfauser -Verbose -Debug

Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: 10.153.131.199.

Exception calling "Invoke" with "2" argument(s): "Failed invoking API - Request Timeout"

At C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH\Modules\WFAWrapper\WFAWrapper.psm1:444 char:9

+             throw <<<<  $msg

+ CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (Failed to conne...equest Timeout":String) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Failed to connect to OnCommand Unified Manager: 10.153.131.199.

Exception calling "Invoke" with "2" argument(s): "Failed invoking API - Request Timeout"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...