8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 7:22 AM by VELMANIN RSS

SRM "Reprotect" failing to resync snapmirror

VELMANIN
Currently Being Moderated

We are running VMWARE 5.0 with NetApp storage ( NetApp Release 8.0.2P4 7-Mode  and VSC version 4.0)

We have test VM snapmirrored to our DR site. I used SRM to failover the test VM to our DR site. The VM failed over with out any issues. However when I want to "Reprotect" the VM from DR to Production site. I get this following error:

Error: Failed to reverse replication for devices '/vol/HNJTEST'. SRA command 'reverseReplication" failed for device '/vol/TTNTEST'. SnapMirror resynchronization failed. Ensure that the devices are configured correctly.

Below is the snapmirror status in DR storage array:

Snapmirror is on.

Source                              Destination                                      State               Lag                                 Status

ARRAY2:HNJTEST          ARRAY2:TTNTEST            Uninitialized       -                    Idle

ARRAY2:TTNTEST           ARRAY2:HNJTEST           Source              20:04:41        Idle

Below is the snapmirror status in Production site storage array:

Snapmirror is on.

Source                               Destination                                      State          Lag                                      Status

ARRAY2:TTNTEST           ARRAY2:HNJTEST           Broken-off                                                  Idle

How do I make sure the reverse replication is enabled.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...