12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 3:40 AM by sinhaa RSS

Problems sending eMails after Upgrading to WFA2.1RC1

kiessl
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

 

after upgrading from WFA2.01 to WFA2.1 I cannot send eMail notifications. Before the upgrade this worked.

 

When testing  eMail notification in the WFA configuration dialog then the following error message is displayed (I wiped out server and sender):

 

"Could not send mail message through SMTP server '<server>' from: '<sender>' . Reason: 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6"

 

What is the reason for this problem?

 

Best Regards

Walter

  • Re: Problems sending eMails after Upgrading to WFA2.1RC1
    sinhaa
    Currently Being Moderated

    334 VXNlcm5hbWU6  is BASE64 encoding for Username. The message is sent from your mail Relay i.e. SMTP server. Let me confirm what you did.


    1. Had WFA email notifications on 2.0.1 server and it was working.

    2. Took a backup and saved it.

    3. Installed WFA 2.1RC1 on the same server and restored the earlier backup.

    4. Didn't change any SMTP server or anything and tried Test Send mail.

     

    Is this correct?

     

    Also can you send a screenshot of you WFA Email configuration you are using and the exact error.

    • Re: Problems sending eMails after Upgrading to WFA2.1RC1
      kiessl
      Currently Being Moderated

      Yes, this is correct.

      Exact error message is already provided.

      I did not configure a user/password for SMTP. In version 2.01 this worked but version 2.1 seems to need user/password authentication for SMTP.

      • Re: Problems sending eMails after Upgrading to WFA2.1RC1
        sinhaa
        Currently Being Moderated

        WFA2.1 doesn't require username/password authentication for SMTP. Actually its your SMTP server which will decide if it needs authentication or not. From WFA side those Parameters are not mandatory. So nothing has changed which would cause this. Even If that be the case the failure message would have been something like failed authentication. 

         

        I tried the steps as yours but for me it works fine.

         

        I wanted the screen shot to see how have you provided your SMTP server and Sender fields. If you don't want to post it here, you cam mail me at sinhaa at netapp dot com

         

        Looks like the Java Mail API ( from WFA) connection to SMTP server is breaking in the middle for AUTH LOGIN for some unknown reason.

         

        Restart WFA server service and see if it works.

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...