8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2013 7:15 AM by BEEFY1471 RSS

OSSV LREP baseline - import into OnCommand (DFM)

BEEFY1471
Currently Being Moderated

Hello

Active reader of these forums for years but think its about time I started contributing. Really hoping someone can provide some advice.

---------------------

We Installed and configured the netapp host agent on a windows server but I understand this isnt actually required now?

We setup OSSV (version 3.0.1)  on the same windows server on a site with a slow WAN link. Configured NDMP credentials and port.

A baseline transfer was done with LREP to a second system which was then brought back to our central offices

the LREP was written back to the netapp and relationships updated to allow incrementals (all good so far)

The last peice was to import all of this into OnCommand protection manager to setup schedules and retentions

OSSV wizard was run, host agent details and NDMP details all accepted ok (after much trial and error!)

Dataset created OK

I then tried to apply a protection policy for remote backups with an associated schdule and rentention. I try and assign resources manually (as I already have the relationship).

This is where my problems start and I get the following (picture below). What am i missing? does DFM support this setup? If I need to assign a resource pool this will only work for provisioning a new volume which I dont want to do!

OSSV_issues.jpg

I understand how I can provision new storage to do the baseline transfer and we have indeed done this on fast WAN links but we needed to use LREP to get the initial 500GB over. how can I link it all up?

Any advice massively appreciated

Will

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...