5 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 4:58 PM by RAVI.PALADUGU RSS

Query on Snapvault status info

ASTORAGE01
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I need a clarification on a Snapvault <transfer-progress>, for a customer. He has ONTAP 8.1. In the snapvault-status-info, i am not seeing <transfer-progress> field at all. And i could see the status as "Idle". Can someone look at the following API response from OnTap and explain what is happening.

<snapvault-status-info>

<source-system>207.129.24.28</source-system>

<source-path>C:\</source-path>

<destination-system>UKWKSTC2</destination-system>

<destination-path>/vol/OSSVBHSBKP_SATA/EBHS001SPDRVC</destination-path>

<lag-time>54066</lag-time>

<mirror-timestamp>1367870701</mirror-timestamp>

<contents>Replica</contents>

<last-transfer-type>update</last-transfer-type>

<last-transfer-size>139064</last-transfer-size>

<last-transfer-duration>481</last-transfer-duration>

<last-transfer-from-system>207.129.24.28</last-transfer-from-system>

<last-transfer-from-path>C:\</last-transfer-from-path>

<status>idle</status>

<state>snapvaulted</state>

<base-snapshot>UKWKSTC2(1573935243)_OSSVBHSBKP_SATA-base.0</base-snapshot>

</snapvault-status-info>

How can get the transfer works and see the transfer-progress?

Thanks,

Anand

• Re: Query on Snapvault status info
    RAVI.PALADUGU

Hi Anand,

If a active transfer is happening you will see it in the status column. If it says idle thats fine but check the lag and see if its under your SLA's. If it says quiesced, it means it is paused and waiting on "some thing". If it says transferring it just means it s transferring and it will also show you how much has been transferred in paranthesis.

Best Regards,

Ravi

ASTORAGE01

Thanks for your reply Ravi.

So if it is Idle then we wont get the "transfer-progress" field right? Actually in our product based on this value we are generating a chart. Since this field is not populated we display the value as 0 by default for last 6 hours. So is this the expected scenario? And also where i can check the SLA for the lag time? Is this somewhere in the code or in the system? And do i need to check something at customer side?

Thanks,

Anand

RAVI.PALADUGU

So if it is Idle then we wont get the "transfer-progress" field right? Yes

You need to ask customer about the SLA's.

ASTORAGE01

Sure Ravi. Hope the customer should aware of the SLA. Incase if he is not, where I can check at the customer environment?

And based on the SLA what I can conclude? Is this something that NetApp has to look why there is no activities happening?

The customer reported that there are Snapvault activities happening but there is no data on the report for "transfer-progress".

Thanks,

Anand

RAVI.PALADUGU

Anand,

SLA is not some thing you find on filer or from any commands, it is a business requirement. SLA in dr solutions mainly talks about RPO and RTO, so please talk to your manager about it. Also you need understand what SLA's means in storage environment to know what to conclude.

There won't be anything for netapp to look until you find some error or any issue with the product, from what I hear  it sounds more like you are very new to storage so for better results you can always engage netapp professional services.

Best,

Ravi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...