3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 10:04 AM by JORDAN.SLINGERLAND RSS

wafl.cp.slovol:warning]: aggregate aggr1 is holding up the CP -  - - all CP types of #s

JORDAN.SLINGERLAND Novice
Currently Being Moderated

My IBM rebranded N6240 (FAS3240) running 8.1.1P2 was running swimmingly when all i/o abruptly came to a near halt.

First thing I noticed was these in the messages file. 

wafl.cp.slovol:warning]: aggregate aggr1 is holding up the CP.

wafl.cp.slovol:warning]: aggregate aggr0 is holding up the CP

sysstat -x 1 showed the cpu nearly idle at around 5% per core, 0% cache hit ratio and disk usage also around 5%.  Nvram was however showing 100% full with a Cp type of #s over and over again.

The toaster pulsated in and out of this state every 10 minutes or so it seemed to start to recover, maybe responding to an estimated 20% of of its io requests  before wigging out again and going back into this state.

1 of my aggregates is 32 bit, one is 64 on this unit.    

Has anyone seen any behavior like this?  A takeover/reboot mitigated the issue.  A coredump was captured and given to IBM Nas support who tells me they have escalated to netapp.

I found one similar issue here, but mine remained in this state for about an hour before I rebooted.

http://network-appliance-toasters.10978.n7.nabble.com/wafl-cp-slovol-warning-1-with-big-latency-spikes-td24495i20.html#a24853

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jordan Slingerland

NCDA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points