1 Reply Latest reply: May 2, 2013 1:38 AM by chao RSS

What's the post steps after Snapcreator for VIBE restore? should manually remove VMware snapshot trigger by SC

chao
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gurus

When did a snapcreator for VIBE backup, in fact, the storage snapshot include a VMware snapshot.  so when did a snapcreatore restore,  it will did

[Sun Apr 28 09:56:06 2013] INFO: Reverting VM win2k8r2-1 to current snapshot (if one exists).

[Sun Apr 28 09:56:08 2013] INFO: Revert of VM snapshot for VM win2k8r2-1 successful.

[Sun Apr 28 09:56:08 2013] INFO: Checking power state of VM win2k8r2-1 ...

[Sun Apr 28 09:56:08 2013] INFO: Powering on VM win2k8r2-1 ...

[Sun Apr 28 09:56:15 2013] INFO: Powering on successful.

that means, after SFSR,   VC will revert the VM to current snapshot.  it makes sense. but actually the VMware snapshot should be still existing.  I could find them if browser datastore.

aaa.png

I assume I should remove this snapshot but why I can't find them by VMware snapshot manager.

搜狗截图_2013-04-28_16-26-25.png

but If I manually create another VM snapshot,   that one triggered by Snapcreator was appear.  

搜狗截图_2013-04-28_16-29-48.png

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks and Best Regards!

TC

• Re: What's the post steps after Snapcreator for VIBE restore? should manually remove VMware snapshot trigger by SC
    chao
    Currently Being Moderated

By Silla, Harishankar's help, in fact, in IAG page 45. there are some comments about that:

After the restore operations are complete, you must run a Snap Creator backup of the restored

virtual machines and vApps to ensure that the new environment is cleaned up and all VMware

Snapshot copies are removed.

If the plug-in is not able to clean up VMware Snapshot copies and displays an error, you must

remove the VMware Snapshot copies manually. The VMware plug-in does not guarantee 100%

VMware Snapshot copy removal and it is a known VMware issue.

the next time snapcreator backup could clean the snapshot get back by restore operation.  if no, you could run snapshot Consolidate to get the snapshot visible.

1.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...