4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 10:33 PM by aborzenkov RSS

FAS3250 first time connection

noelnatalie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a new FAS3250 that I have racked and powered on.  According to the documentation I found on the NOW site I need to connect to the cluster management port using SSH to begin configuration.  I have a laptop that has a connected network card to 10.10.10.x, I used 5.  The network cable is connected to port e0a on the back on the controller.  Using putty I have tried to connect to 10.10.10.10 which is provided in the Factory Configured Cluster Extended Setup Guide.  I cannot get a connection to go through.  The error I receive is the connection timed out.  Can anyone tell me what I need to get to get in to start my configuration?

Natalie

• Re: FAS3250 first time connection
    gregb

Hi Natalie,

First of all, are you certain this is a factory configured cluster? If it is, then it would have been delivered in a NetApp cabinet with the Factory Configured Cluster Express Guide taped to the cabinet.

If it is not a factory configured cluster, then you should be looking at the Data ONTAP Software Setup Guide for the version of Data ONTAP software ordered with the system.

Regards,

-Greg

• Re: FAS3250 first time connection
      noelnatalie

Thank you.  The setup guide was helpful but now my second controller is in a reboot loop.  I ran setup on one controller and then when I went to run it on the second controller, it is in a reboot loop.  On ontap version is 8.1.2 7-mode.  My operations manager is showing the original controller name as dead and hasn't picked up with new hostname I gave the first controller.  That's why I thought I was in a cluster.  It looks to me like the two controllers think they are one.  Do you or anyone else have any idea what I should do to stop the reboot loop.  I pressed Ctrl-C and it gives me 8 choices.  1.  Normal Boot   2.  Boot without /et/rc   3.  Change password   4.  Clean configuration and initialize all disks.   5.  Maintenance Mode boot.   6.  Update flash from backup configuration.   7.  Install new software first.    8.  Reboot node.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...