1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 6:11 PM by scottgelb RSS

vfiler dr configure for alternative destination

GARY_WILLIAMS Novice
Currently Being Moderated

I'm trying to work out if this is possible:

Filerone has a volume called 'vmware'

Filertwo has a volume called 'vmware_snap'

Snapmirror is working and all good

How can I tell the vfiler dr configure command that the volume it's looking for is vmware_snap and not vwmare?

it looks like it's -a but it doesn't work so I'm a little stumped. If it's not possible then that'll certainly answer it.

vfiler dr configure [-l remote_login:remote_passwd]

[-e interfacename:<ipv4-address | [ipv6-address]>:<netmask | prefixlen>,...]

[-d <DNS-server-ipv4-address | [DNS server-ipv6-address]>:...]

[-n <NIS-server-ipv4-address | [NIS server-ipv6-address]>:...]

[-s] [-a alt-src,alt-dst]

• Re: vfiler dr configure for alternative destination
    scottgelb Hall of Fame Certified Grand Marshal
    Currently Being Moderated

The volumes must be the same name on the source and target system (also the IPspace must be the same -- even if different networks the network assigned to the same IPspace name).  If you have a duplicate volume name issue on the target contorller, then we usually rename the source and target to the same unique name "vfiler_volname" for example... that can affect some shares/mounts... cifs shares will point to the new target automatically and if nfs autoexport is set it will update /etc/exports for the rename - although nfs clients will need to remount to the new target /vol/volname ... or as a workaround to not have to change the client use the "-actual" option in exports to keep the mount point name the same old volume name which points to a renamed volume.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points