3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 12:39 PM by burkes RSS

What is the leading storage in you country's military?

burkes
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to get a poll on EMEA, NATO and PFP nations so we can work a cohesive strategy. 

• What is the leading storage in you country's military?
    hertin

Hi,

great to have a group like this to share valuable information like this. In times of consolidation and harmonization of IT between different organizations and nations it is very important to share.

I am responsible for the german military organizations. Here as far is i know the share is like this:

EMC 35%, IBM 35%, Netapp 15%, others 15%

Regards

Dirk

• What is the leading storage in you country's military?
    hertin

Hi,

great to have a group like this to share valuable information like this. In times of consolidation and harmonization of IT between different organizations and nations it is very important to share.

I am responsible for the german military organizations. Here as far is i know the share is like this:

EMC 35%, IBM 35%, Netapp 15%, others 15%

Regards

Dirk

• Re: What is the leading storage in you country's military?
    burkes

The US Federal Government's data center infrastructure is over 60% NetApp and 95% of all tactical solutions are NetApp.

NATO is a majority of HP, mostly EVA and direct attached, but this "majority" is not necessarily quantity vs number of locations.  While we are still working to get actual numbers, NATO isn't even fully aware of everything that they have and are conducting studies to find out what they have.  NetApp is #2, and the rest is various spread among EMC, Oracle/Sun, IBM and Dell.  Key locations like SHAPE, Afghanistan and NATO Special Operations are NetApp, among many other locations spread across NATO's infrastructure and countries.

So what is important to your Nation's Government?  Would tactical help to drive data center like it did in the US Army?  What can I help you with to win?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...