3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2009 9:41 AM by raja RSS

NetApp Management Console (OM 3.7)

robert.lapreze
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to create and use a generic user acct as a login so management console can be dsiplayed in our NOC on a 52" monitor.

I am able to login but, I have nothing but a blank console and not able to display monitoring information.

On the other hand if I login into the managment console with a know admin user everything works fine.

I can also login into Operations Manager with my test account and gain access through the everyone group in a read only mode.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Bob L

• Re: NetApp Management Console (OM 3.7)
    kravi

Hi Bob,

Could you please let us know the output of following commands ?

1. "dfm user role list <user>"

2. "dfm role list <role>" (need this command output for every role listed in above command)

Thanks,

Ravindra

robert.lapreze

Ravindra,

Below is the output of the commands you mentioned.

C:\Documents and Settings\blapreze-admin>dfm user role list ghtest

Role Id Role Name

raja

Robert,

Is that the complete output ? I see only one cli output and even that seems not complete.

BTW, are you trying to create a user for performance monitoring ? Then a default role "GlobalPerfManagement" is available with required capabilities for performance monitoring.

# dfm role list GlobalPerfManagement
        Role-name: GlobalPerfManagement
        Role-id: 17
        Description: Manage Performance Advisor
        Inherited Roles: None
        Capabilities:
        Res Id  Resource Name                       Operation                         
        ------- ----------------------------------- -----------------------------------
        0       Global                              DFM.Database.Read                 
        0       Global                              DFM.Event.Read                    
        0       Global                              DFM.PerfView.RealTimeRead         
        0       Global                              DFM.Database.Write                
        0       Global                              DFM.Event.Write                   
        0       Global                              DFM.PerfView.Write                
        0       Global                              DFM.PerfView.Delete 

You can create the user using:

# dfm user add -r GlobalPerfManagement raja

# dfm user role list raja
        Role Id Role Name               
        ------- -------------------------
        17      GlobalPerfManagement 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...