11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 2:28 AM by MARTINLEGGATT RSS

Only "DR Backup" vFiler showing in NMC when using CLI

MARTINLEGGATT
Currently Being Moderated

I have been testing the vFiler DR plugin and noticed that when I do the following DFM and the NMC only shows the Stopped "DR backup" vFiler and not the running live vFiler.

1. Stop the running vFiler on the primary Filer using the Ontap CLI on the primary Filer

2. Resync the vFiler on the primary Filer to the DR vFiler on the secondary Filer

3. vFiler DR activate the secondary Filer DR vFiler from the CLI on the secondary Filer

4. Resync the now live vFiler on the secondary Filer back to the primary Filer to create the DR vFiler on the primary Filer (ready for the next flip)

When I view the vFiler from vFiler DR units in the NMC I only see the stopped DR backup vFiler on the primary Filer and not the running vFiler on the secondary system.

I've tried refreshing DFM for the vFiler and the primary Filer without any luck.  This also means the volumes owned by the running vFiler are not monitored.

It seems the live vFiler isn't being discovered by DFM. Has anyone had similar issues? I'm using version="1.0.0.120" of the plugin.

Regards

Martin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...