I am running Ops Mgr 4.0.1 and the server was rebooted whilst a remote backup job was running. I have cancelled the job, but its stuck in 'aborting' status for the last few days and is stopping subsequent dataset jobs from running because its waiting the cancelled one to finish. There are no active NDMP sessions on the source and destination and the relationships on the destinations are in a Snapvaulted status.
Is there anyway to forcefully abort the job via the CLI
Thanks in advance
Thomas, we are running it on Windows. Oddly, there was no process running for the job to terminate so I managed to resolve it by rebooting the server at which point the terminal showed the job interrupted. Once it came back up things came back to normal.
Thank you for the response.
For the next time: You can fix it without Rebooting:
- Download and extract sysinternals
- Your Job runs since fe 18 Hours
- search for process via CMD (you have to go to the directory, where you have extracted the sysinternals)
Name Pid Pri Thd Hnd Priv CPU Time Elapsed Time
dfpm 8268 8 6 292 21720 0:00:01.809 18:00:00.360
dfpm 14912 8 23 361 28556 0:00:02.964 0:04:15.814
dfpm 18824 8 8 265 20688 0:00:00.499 0:00:20.175
dfpm 19224 8 8 265 20648 0:00:00.624 0:00:15.120
- kill the process process via CMD, which runs since 18 hours
- Now you see in the Job section of PM that the job is cancelled :-)