5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 7:39 AM by mital.shah RSS

Virtual Storage Console 2.1 and SSL

avbohemen
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

We have 2 filers, both serving some nfs volumes to an ESX farm, both running Ontap 8.0.1P1. One filer was set up using SSL from the start. The other one was upgraded from Ontap 7.3.x, and SSL was enabled later. Now, the first filer has no problems when I add it in VSC. The second one (the upgraded one) can only be added to VSC if I disable SSL on the filer. If I enable SSL, I get the error "the hostname cannot be resolved" when I try to add it in VSC. DNS resolving is working fine, so that is not a problem. And, like I said, if I don't use SSL, I can also add the filer without problems.

The same goes for the SMVI setup within VSC. With SSL, I get the error "could not login to the storage system with the provided credentials". The Windows event log gives this error: "ERROR com.netapp.common.flow.TaskInstanceTemplate - FLOW-11019: Failure in CredStorageSystemAddAction: ZEPHYR-10004: ZAPI call "system-get-version" to "netapp01" threw exception: Remote host closed connection during handshake". With SSL disabled on the filer, there is no problem except for a warning that SSL is not enabled.

I tried creating a new certificate (multiple times), but it did not help. Does anyone know what's happening?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...