3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 5:43 AM by gdefevere RSS

Delete QuotaUser object

markfrickle Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Here's the situation:

We have been doing an on-going domain migration and this has resulted in a odd problem. I had users who were obviously over quota but not being blocked.

The volume where our windows users home folders are located is showing multiple entries for every user in the quota report.

So I did a -q on the report and see that every user is resolving to two SIDs. i.e. if I run `cifs lookup <SID1>` and cifs lookup <SID2>` they both resolve to the same domain account.

I wrote a script to go through and reapply ownership to all the files and this is getting rid of that old SID in the quota report, and is fixing the user quota issue.

Problem is, DFM is still retaining that old QuotaUser object. (Screwing with emails)

This is after several days of waiting to see if the database would straighten itself out. I have the quota monitor set to run every 4 hours.

 

C:\>dfm option list userQuotaMonInterval

Option               Value

-------------------- ------------------------------

userQuotaMonInterval 4 hours

 

Here's an example user (domain and username changed to protect the guilty):

 

C:\>dfm quota user list DOMAIN\LoginID Error: Multiple objects (ids=2465,3961) are named 'DOMAIN\LoginID'. Use object ids
to disambiguate.

C:\>dfm quota user list 2465
ID   Name                      SID                                              Email
---- ------------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------
2465 DOMAIN\LoginID              S-1-5-21-1666266300-168779573-1179000955-42416


C:\>dfm quota user list 3961
ID   Name                      SID                                              Email
---- ------------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------
3961 DOMAIN\LoginID              S-1-5-21-1708537768-1409082233-725345543-37222


C:\Documents and Settings\d39580>dfm details 2465
objComment
objCreationTimestamp     2010-07-24 09:31:33.000000
objDeleted
objDeletedBy
objDisappearedSince
objFlags                 0
objFullName              DOMAIN\LoginID

objId                    2465
objName                  DOMAIN\LoginID

objPerfStatus            Unknown
objPerfStatusCode        5
objStatus                Normal
objStatusChangeTimestamp
objStatusCode            5
objStatusMessage
objStatusTimestamp
objType                  QuotaUser
userAliases              DOMAIN\LoginID

userEmail
userFullThreshold
userId                   2465
userKey                  1468
userNearlyFullThreshold

 

So question is, is there any way to go and clear out the old QuotaUser objects that belong to the old SIDs that no longer own any files on the volume?

i.e. dfm <some_command> delete <objId>

 

Thanks,

Mark

  • Re: Delete QuotaUser object
    gdefevere Sprinter
    Currently Being Moderated

    Hello Mark,

     

    I've the same issue. Did you find a way to fix this ?

     

     

    dfm <some_command> delete <objId> ???

    • Re: Delete QuotaUser object
      markfrickle Novice
      Currently Being Moderated

      Actually it did eventually clear itself up. I'm not sure when the database decides to purge records for entries that are zeroed.

       

      I did have to keep running my script periodically to make sure the correct SID owned all the files under each qtree where user quotas are applied.

       

      I just ran another quota report and checked my duplicates. I still have 52 out there but out of an original 4612, that's not too bad.

       

      Sorry I couldn't be more help.

      • Re: Delete QuotaUser object
        gdefevere Sprinter
        Currently Being Moderated

        The duplicates we had weren't qouta's but OSSV hosts. I found out that an OSSV host (server) has an "Agent ID" and an "Primary Host" associated to its name. Two of our servers had a crossed association. We didn't found how this could be changed.  If you delete them (dfm host delete <ID>), the records are marked as deleted but still in the database. After adding them again later on, they are reactivated and get the same ID. Aparently you can completely remove them with the command "dfm host delete -f <ID>".  If you use the -f, all services need to be stopped except the SQL. If you now add the hosts again, they receive new ID's and everything works as a charm. The -f isn't shown in the help, but a hidden parameter. Probably it's available for every delete command. To be used at own risk (don't know if it cleans related records in the database) !

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points