we have some datastores (volumes) on our netapp.
Now i try to backup the VMs with the netapp backup included Virtual Storage Console.
i can see the snapshots - and i can list them with the sdcli
sdcli snap list -sdf netappvm -sdv datastore1
i see them.
But how can i mount them locally ?
normally i use for the other Snapshots (another netapp)
sdcli snap mount -r DBSERVER1 -k o -s DBSERVER1_customer_log_0000AM -d s
but this doesnt work here.
How ca i get these snapshots mounted locally ?
sdcli snap mount -s "smvi__TestBackup_date" -sdf netappvm -sdv datastore1 -d k: -k
Any ideas ?
Not sure about the command line but in VSC and if this a VMFS LUN then
- highlight one of the VM or the VM that you want to restore
- click on mount icon in the 4.1 VI client
- pick a snapshot backup
- select a ESX server
- A new VMFS LUN with the snapshot ID will show as ID 0
- Attach the vmdk file to one of the VM that’s on the ESX server that you selected
- You might need to assign a drive letter if the VM has more than one partition
You might need NFS and Flex Clone license