2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2008 10:48 PM by ravir RSS

volume-rename and luns

ravir
Currently Being Moderated

hmmcintosh

on 9/2/07

Asked 

When I call volume-rename, and then call lun-list-info, I get paths that use the OLD name for the volume. This seems to continue for a varying amount of time (minutes, not just seconds) after the volume-rename, and then lun-list-info starts returning paths with the NEW name for the volume.

(One thing that seems to force lun-list-info to start using the new volume name is using the "refresh" button in FilerView when looking at the "LUNs | Manage" window.)

Is there anything I can do to cause lun-list-info to start returning paths with the new volume name?

• Re: volume-rename and luns
    ravir

hmmcintosh

on 9/3/07

Added 

I've found one (crude) work-around. If I have my program issue a "lun show" command after volume-rename, it causes the subsequent lun-list-info to have the correct paths.

(This isn't an ideal solution for a couple of reasons. First, it means I have to require the user to have cli-lun* authority. Second, the "lun show" command sends its output to the console, which might be confusing to users.)

• Re: volume-rename and luns
      ravir

RAVIR_internal

Marketing

on 9/4/07

Answered 

Filer-View 'Refresh' command is also using lun-list-info API. This problem has been observed by FilerView team, the problem occurs because the updation of the LUN path happens only when a particular internal call is made which is done by 'lun show' command but that call is missing in lun-list-info API command. There is a BUG (BURT ID: 251760) filed on this issue and the fix will be available in the future versions of API.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...