The NetApp Storage System Plug-in for OEM delivers comprehensive availability and performance information for NetApp storage systems. By combining NetApp storage system monitoring with comprehensive management of Oracle systems, Cloud Control significantly reduces the cost and complexity of managing applications that rely on NetApp storage and Oracle technologies.
New in Version 126.96.36.199.1
- The built-in Consolidated Database and Storage Performance report now supports databases with NFS mountpoints that have been defined using an IP address or a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)or a short name
- Support for databases residing on qtrees
- Multiple BURT fixes
New in Version 188.8.131.52.0
- Support for clustered Data ONTAP. This version introduces the following 3 new Target Types:
- NetApp 7-Mode Storage System
- NetApp Clustered Storage System
- NetApp Storage Virtual Machine (SVM)
- Consolidated view of database and storage performance for NFS databases
- Capability to specify a custom Https port while registering a NetApp Storage System
- Options to customize thresholds for almost all metrics
- Email notifications for volume usage alerts now specify the volume name in the subject
- Consolidates information about Oracle on NetApp environments into the OEM Cloud Control Console providing one interface to monitor databases and NetApp storage systems (operating in 7-Mode and clustered Data ONTAP)
- Automates collecting a comprehensive set of availability, performance and usage metrics with pre-defined thresholds. Monitoring metrics have these additional benefits:
- Pre-defined thresholds that can be customized
- Historical Views
- Report on data from last 24hrs, 7/31 days for trend analysis
- Get alerted to problems and respond proactively
- Corrective Actions
- Ensure that routine responses to alerts are automaticallyexecuted, thereby saving administrators time and ensuring problems are dealt withbefore they noticeably impact users
- Monitoring Templates
Simplify the task of standardizing monitoring settings across the entire NetApp environment, by allowing administrators to specify the monitoring settings (metrics, thresholds, metric collection schedules and corrective actions) once and applying them to any number of NetApp storage systems
- Notification Rules, Methods and Schedules
- Blackout Periods
- Prevent unnecessary alerts during scheduled downtimes
- Built-in reports that:
- Map database components like tablespaces, datafiles to storage components like aggregates, volumes
- Consolidate database and storage performance for NFS databases into a single view
- Compares configurations of multiple storage systems to identify differences or misconfigurations
Pricing and Licensing
The plug-in itself is free and does not require a license.
Installation and Administration Guide
The Installation and Administration Guide for the NetApp Storage System Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager is here.
Downloading the Plug-in
The NetApp Storage System Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager can be downloaded from here.
Have a Question or Need Support?
The plug-in is supported via this site on NetApp Communities. Click on "Start a discussion" under "Actions" on the right.