Posted by Bill Peterson, Solutions Marketing Manager. Twitter: BPatNetApp
OracleOpenWorld, September 20 – 23, Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
Oracle OpenWorld – Day 2 – Tuesday,September 21, 2010
Day 2 dawnedon OOW and we found our feet not feeling too bad - a little ankle tape job, acouple of ibuprofen, a gallon of coffee and we were ready to go.
Kickoff – For the second day of OOW, theNetApp team was laser focused on pummeling the competition with booth trafficand demos. We huddled up in the morning and after a rousing speech by our headcoach, Generosa Litton, we got our eye black on took it to the house!
1st and 10 – Our demos were standing room only. Wehad 6 demo’s going on in the booth, including:
- DataWarehouse – showcasing an optimized data warehouse platform with NetApp, Ciscoand Oracle
- Virtualization– VM Lifecycle Management: provision, develop, and deploy
- Cloud– Oracle as a Service, featuring MySQL
- Dev/Test– Rapid provisioning and cloning with 11g, cloning eBusiness suite
- Backupand Recovery – Backup, restore and clone with SnapManager for Oracle
- DataMobility – RAC One Node’s Oracle Omotion plus NetApp Datamotion
1st Down –We had a number of announcements andpartners in our booth this year. Check out our data warehouse/decision supportsystem solutions with our new BFF’s:
Touchdown! – Our Social Media team continues toshow why they are the best in the business. Check out the social media results,thus far:
Dave Hitzcontinued post-session momentum on Twitter with a few retweets from his sessionyesterday, and tweets regarding his guest interview on The Cube with JohnFurrier. Tweets regarding Dave Hitz on The Cube:
- @stu:@andrewgilman no, @MichaelDell couldn't fit #thecube in his schedule, but lotsgood guests incl NetApp founder Dave Hitz yesterday
- @GilPress:RT @stu #OOW10 Live video feed #thecube on siliconangle.tv starting 11am PT -today includes HP, Dell, NetApp, QLogic
- @dvellante: Here at OpenWorld prepping fortoday's #thecube broadcast - NetApp at 11PT, Dell at 11:15PT and QLogic CTO RobDavis at 11:45 PT
- @furrier:@dvellante we had the netapp cofounder David Hitz on yesterday i'm going toedit that up later - it was very good
- @dvellante: @furrier can't wait to see the spot- thanks to @jtmcarthur56 for bringing Dave by #thecube
Find a Guru Contest
We held one“Find a Guru” timeslot today at 3 pm located at the Brocade booth. The winnerof the Roger Craig autographed football was Monica Gazhal.
The 5th Quarter– NetApp co-sponsored a casino night with our partner CSC at Jillian’s Metreon.Over 100 of our select customers enjoyed an evening of casino games, food,adult beverages and the use of a photo booth (thankfully, everyone kept it Grated). There were drawings for prizes and everyone received a snazzy gift asthe evening wrapped up. Thank you to our friends at CSC for a wonderfulevening.