Next week, from October 9-11, NetApp will be at the Fira Barcelona Gran Via in Barcelona for VMworld Europe 2012. My 5th year at the show. (If you want read about last year, see here). What exactly do we have in store for attendees this year? Our teams have put together the following guide.
Visit us at Booths #D206 and #DD1
This year, our focus will be on agile data infrastructure and NetApp's deep integration with key partners such as VMware, Cisco and many others. If you are interested, get ready for demo stations and our live solution showcases - we'll be focusing on:
- Virtualising business critical applications (BCA) with confidence
- Building an innovative Cloud infrastructure
- Modernising End-User Computing with desktop virtualisation
- Accelerating business with FlexPod
- Partnering for Success
No surprise: Team NetApp will be there too, with some exciting new challenges and prizes for this year.
You can also visit our partners at booth #DD1: NetApp Partner Pavilion. Joining us on the Partner Pavilion each day will be Leo Houlding, widely acknowledged as one of the world's best climbers. He'll explain how reaching peaks requires him to go further and faster and will talk about the importance of being flexible, agile and intelligent. Partners at the booth include Proact, Atea, Safenet, Mezeo, Ermestel, Comstor, SATEC, Acuntia, Desktone, Accenture and Savvis.
NetApp Speaking Sessions, Demos and More
We will join the VMworld Hands On Labs to demonstrate NetApp key technologies such as Data ONTAP, Snap Creator, vCloud Director, and vSphere integration. Also, a variety of breakout sessions will be hosted throughout the week – which you can find here.
Make sure not to miss our Spotlight Session and VMworld Demo Challenge
Your Business with an Agile Data Infrastructure Featuring Customer PeakColo and VMware
- Tuesday, October 9, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- SS1011: Spotlight Session with NetApp Director for Cloud Computing Solutions and Virtualization, Vaughn Stewart and Luke Norris, CEO, PeakColo
VMworld Keynote Demo Challenge
- Wednesday, October 10, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- During the day 2 general session at VMworld, VMware CTO Steve Herrod will give each of the VMworld Global Diamond Sponsor 4 minutes to do deliver a demo of their latest vSphere integrations and capabilities: Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP and NetApp.
- Brendon Howe, Vice President, Product & Solutions Marketing will demonstrate NetApp clustered ONTAP and will try to win $10,000 for the Right to Play charity against EMC, HP, Dell & Cisco. He'll show how NetApp addresses real problems facing cloud infrastructures and service providers with Data ONTAP.
If you are more interested in real-life experience, why not join one of our customer reference presentations?
- On Tuesday, October 9, from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Vaughn Stewart & Bart Falzarano from Walz Group present “NetApp, VMware, and Walz Group: How to Achieve Optimized and Virtualized Business Critical Applications” (SPO 3340).
- On Wednesday, October 10 from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., NetApp’s Manfred Buchmann and Fabian Wiese from Computacenter showcase “NetApp, VMware, and Computacenter: Enabling a Private Cloud on NetApp and VMware” (SPO3339).
Social Media at VMworld Europe 2012
Whether you're in attendance or just following along from home, you can join the conversation on Twitter using the #NetAppVMworld hashtag. We’ll also have plenty of NetApp folks and bloggers pariticipating, led by:
- Myself: @JohnRollason
- @vstewed, www.virtualstorageguy.com
- @TimWaldron, netapp-blogs/tim
- @davegingell, tangentialthoughts.com
- Thomas Ehrlich netapp-blogs/ehrlich-on-air
And the Jumbotron? Wait until next week………………………..
See you there!