The excitement is building for VMworld US 2013 next week. NetApp has a bunch of exciting things planned and will be showing them at booth #1417 including giving away lots of gifts and prizes so be sure to visit the booth. You can read all about them in this blog posthttp://nt-ap.com/1dt6aze and get a sneak peak of the demos and solutions hereFeatured Demos and Solutions. One of the things that we’re doing is showing existing VMware and NetApp customers how they can maximize benefits from their existing infrastructure. One way is through our VMware plug-ins - Virtual Storage Console (VSC) and OnCommand Balance Software.
VSC and Balance empower VMware admins with direct management and performance optimization of NetApp storage. With them you can:
- Get real-time status on storage health and usage
- Achieve near-instant backups, restores, and cost-effective DR
- Enable rapid datastore provisioning and cloning of thousands of VMs
- Optimize and migrate misaligned VMs to improve performance
- Identify performance issues and prevent future issues
- Map performance relationships of virtual machines, physical servers, and NetApp storage and determine performance headroom
- Balance performance and utilization to optimize capacity and reduce CAPEX
Virtual Storage Console is available for no cost. OnCommand Balance is available for a free, no-risk trial. If you like it and want to purchase it, it is licensed by controller, so very cost-effective pricing.
You must be a NetApp storage customer and have a Support login. Go to http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/vsc_win/4.2/ and click through the license agreement.
With this special offer, we're also including a free NetApp University Web-based Training Course to help you get started, Installing and Configuring OnCommand Balance. Just click on this link to launch the course.
If you need help with either product, go to the community pages to ask questions and get information including how to videos and tips and tricks for installation, configuration and other features and benefits of both products.
The community is also a great place to give your feedback on these products. Download them today and give them a try. We’d love to hear from you!