You hear a lot about the benefits of a shared virtual infrastructure, but behind the scenes managing those shared resources can be a nightmare. I talked about cloud management in my last two blogs. It’s something that will become more top of mind as many companies evolve from virtualization to a private cloud service delivery model.
There are many cloud management software products on the market. To toot our own horn for a minute, NetApp Command Insight Balance was announced the winner in the storage management tools category in Storage Magazine's/SearchStorage.com's 2011 Products of the Year competition. Read the competition results for yourself.
If you’re not familiar with OnCommand Insight Balance, here are a few reasons why you should check it out for private cloud. OnCommand Insight Balance supports VMware and Hyper-V as well as all major storage vendors. Specifically for private cloud, it will give you:
· Transparency, visibility, and performance management of your cloud infrastructure
· Information that your service levels are being met
· Planning for performance capacity management
· Service analytics to measure and balance performance for higher service efficiencies
In a Forrester Consulting Total Economic Study, OnCommand Insight Balance delivered impressive savings:
· $90,000 - Eliminates the need to purchase additional servers through the optimization of virtual machine densities
· $66,000 - Reduces troubleshooting time by 8 hours per week
Learn more about NetApp OnCommand Insight Balance. Read the data sheet or download the white paper Enabling the Path to Private Cloud: Service Analytics.