By Pamela Kerman, Sr. Solutions Marketing Manager, FlexPod
Today, we are awaiting the results of the 2012 U.S. Presidential election. This year’s campaign has been highly competitive, but ultimately the American people will select the best candidate to represent them as the next President of the United States.
The technology industry has some similar parallels in that customers look at all of their choices, and then they select the best solution to meet their needs. Over 1600 customers have selected and deployed one or more FlexPod solutions to address their technology challenges since November 9, 2010.
During the past year, the FlexPod solution portfolio expanded with new and refreshed configurations that reach market segments across mission-critical, private cloud and distributed environments:
- Oracle RAC on FlexPod validated with VMware enables you to virtualize your business critical Oracle database environments – confidently, securely and at a reduced cost
- Expanded FlexPod Solution Portfolio for smaller workloads and distributed enterprise environments
- VMware vSphere on FlexPod with Clustered Data ONTAP provides non-disruptive operations, always-on architecture with zero planned downtime.
Customers who deployed FlexPod solutions saw significant business advantage in the areas of flexibility, data center efficiency and lower risk, with real-world results like these:
- ING DIRECT speeds provisioning from 12 weeks to 10 minutes
- Meritrust Improves Service Delivery with NetApp, Cisco, and VMware
- BlueWave Implements FlexPod and boosts performance by three-fold
- Science Museum: 100% Virtual with VMware on FlexPod from NetApp and Cisco
- Adena Health Care Systems with immediate always-on access to information
For more information, go to: http://www.netapp.com/us/technology/flexpod.